TERMS AND CONDITONS
Before requesting your booking, please read carefully the following Terms and Conditions. These will apply to the contract made between you on behalf of your party and us, on our acceptance and confirmation of your booking. A further copy of the Terms and Conditions is left at the property for reference.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. In these Terms and Conditions 'we' or 'us' means E M A and R L Rhodes the owners of the property; 'you' means you the hirer of the property; 'the property' means Villa Eleni in Douliana, Crete; the 'property manager' means the local resident friend who looks after the property on our behalf; the 'villa price' means the price for the hire of the property and accommodation, which does not include any flights or transport.
2. To book the property through us, the owners, email us at the link provided on the “Booking Info” page of this website, giving your full name; intended arrival and departure dates; number of members of your party up to a maximum of four, passport numbers for each person; phone number, mobile number and your personal email address. We shall respond by email confirming availability and provisional booking and wa will send you booking form, together with directions for making payments. Final confirmation of your booking and invoice for the balance of the villa price will be sent to you by email on receipt by us of your deposit of 20% of the villa price. The balance is due 8 weeks prior to the date of departure and we reserve the right to cancel your booking if the balance is not paid by the due date. For bookings made within 8 weeks of the date of departure, full payment is due on booking. Details of how payment can be made (ie in pounds Sterling by cheque, by BACS transfer to our UK bank, or in Euros to our bank in Greece) will appear on the booking form.
4. Should you need to cancel your booking for any reason, you must as soon as possible notify us by email. The following cancellation charges will apply:
Cancellation more than 8 weeks before date of departure......loss of deposit
60 days or fewer before date of departure …........................100% of villa price.
6. The villa accommodates a maximum of four persons. Due to the property position on the top terrace of many, and the location of the pool a few metres from the villa, the property is not suitable for very young children unless a responsible member of the party over the age of 18 undertakes to supervise them at all times.
7. Bookings are not confined to a specified day of the week, but must be for a period of at least seven days. To allow for cleaning on changeover day, you should not arrive before 4pm local time, and the property must be vacated by 10am local time on the day of departure. A request for variation of the duration of your stay may be considered by us, but any such variation cannot be guaranteed.
8. The villa price includes; provision of clean bed linen, towels, pool towels and tea towels, and toilet rolls, use of the infinity swimming pool, air conditioning in bedrooms, central heating and broadband connection.
9. You shall be responsible for ensuring that while on the property no member of the party does or permits to be done anything which might lead to damage to any property, injury to any person, invalidation of any contract of our or the property's insurance or offence to any neighbours.
SWIMMING POOL AND GROUNDS
10. We shall not be responsible for any accident, injury or death suffered by any member of your party or any guest resulting from the use of the swimming pool. You should ensure that all members of your party are made responsible for ensuring the safety of each other while using the pool, and comply with the safety rules displayed in he pool area. Children should be supervised by a responsible person over the age of 18, as required by Greek law. No diving is permitted. The outside shower should be used before entering the pool.
11. Use of the garden and terraces is on the understanding that local plants may be hazardous. Many, whilst looking innocuous, are poisonous or have vicious thorns. We shall not be responsible for injury sustained in using the garden or terraces.
12. We regret that no pets are allowed on the property.
13. Smoking is only permitted outside the villa and you should ensure that cigarette ends etc. are disposed of safely within the grounds, with due regard to the likely very dry nature of the local vegetation.
DIRECTIONS AND LOCAL INFORMATION
14. Directions for reaching the property and arrangements regarding keys will be sent to you before you depart. A representative will visit within 24 hours of your arrival to obtain the passport information of all members of the party as required by Greek law. An information sheet is kept in the villa covering use of the villa equipment and emergency telephone numbers including that of local assistance, together with the copy of these Terms and Conditions.
BREAKAGES AND DAMAGE
15. You are responsible for taking due care of the property and its contents and ensuring that the property and furnishings do not become unreasonably soiled. No furnishings are to be removed from the villa and used outside other than those clearly for outside use. We do not require a deposit to cover such eventualities but reserve the right to charge for any damage or breakage, which must be reported as soon as possible to the repreentative. You will be responsible for the cost of repairs and any other than minor replacements, including the cost of replacing lost keys.
16. Our responsibility to you is to take reasonable care to ensure that the property and services comply with the description. Neither we nor our representatives can be held responsible for circumstances beyond our control including, but not limited to, mechanical breakdown, illness, necessary emergency maintenance of villa, pool or equipment. We shall however make all reasonable efforts to remedy any equipment failure.
17. We cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage in connection with your holiday caused by any matter beyond our control. This includes but is not limited to Acts of God, civil disturbance, strike or industrial action, acts of government or failure of any public service utility.
18. In the event of a problem or complaint, you must speak to the owner or representative as soon as possible so that we can remedy the issue wherever possible.
HEALTH AND DOCUMENTATION
1. It is your responsibility to ensure that all passports for members of your party are valid for the date of travel and any necessary additional period as required by Greek law, and that medical and travel insurance is obtained. Health arrangements reciprocal with the UK are in operation in Greece on the production of a free EHIC insurance card available via www.ehic.org.uk, or by post. An application form is obtainable at Post Offices. This card will entitle you to free or reduced cost medical care on the same basis as that provided to a Greek citizen. It will not cover the cost of private treatment or any extra costs involved in returning you home.
LAW AND JURISDICTION
20. This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and each party agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.